Saturday, January 5, 2008
Denny Hall on the University of Washington upper campus.
The first campus building in 1895, Denny Hall was designed in the French Renaissance style with round turrets and candle-snuffer roofs. The landmark structure was built of Tenino sandstone and pressed brick.
According the the UW website, "Denny originally contained laboratories, a teaching museum for natural sciences, classrooms, 10 recital halls, faculty and regents rooms, the president's office, and a 736 seat assembly hall".
Denny Hall is currenty home to the the Departments of Anthropology, Classics, Germanics, Near Eastern Languages and Civilization, and the Language Learning Center.